Set Up or Discontinue Service

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

When you apply for water service with Skagit PUD, you agree to comply with our water policies governing service. Under the policies, you have both rights and responsibilities. In return, we will do our best to provide courteous, prompt, and reliable service.

Applying for Service

Each new residential account has a $25 service charge and a $225 deposit. Deposits may be higher for businesses according to estimated usage for that account. No deposit is required if you are an established customer with a good credit history. New customers will need to establish credit in one of two ways:

  1. Deposit — Applied to your account after two years of satisfactory payment history.

  2. Letter of credit from another utility company stating at least one year of satisfactory payment history.

Discontinuing Service

Closing your water service can be done by phone. Requests received before noon can often be fulfilled the same day. We encourage you to call ahead and provide your forwarding address and phone number when discontinuing service. Current account information will ensure prompt delivery of your closing statement.

Occasionally the new customer neglects to apply for the utility if it is already on and available. Closing the service in your name is essential, so you will no longer be responsible for the utility. Your water meter will be turned off on the scheduled close date of your order. You must turn off your water heater, fire suppression system, sprinkler systems, ice makers, or any connection to water that may affect any equipment’s workability when the water is shut off.

Once your service is closed, you will receive a closing bill within two weeks.

Frequently Asked Questions

Expand/Contract Questions and Answers